Written by Aaron & April Jacob
You think you know your spouse prettttty well, and you probably do, however, we have a fun little way for you to get to know your spouse even better, and it's so simple you may laugh (or roll your eyes).
We want you to take a personality test.
It's true. And we want you to do it together. Well, side-by-side, that is.
In fact, we want you to make a date night of it. Pick up dinner (or our favorite, froyo) and then cuddle up on the couch together and take this FREE personality test.
Seriously, do it. (P.S. This post is NOT sponsored, we just really think couples should try this out - it is soooooo fun!)
The cool thing about the report you will get at the end, is that it goes through your strengths and weaknesses, your romantic relationships, your friendships, your parenting style, your career path, and your workplace habits - a fascinating read, for sure!
After you both take the test, read through your own report and then read through your spouse's. You may laugh out loud. And comments like "This is spot on!" and "How do they know me so well?!" will be heard.
Then just talk.
And point out each other's strengths.
And talk some more.
Good, deep, real and raw conversation is bound to follow - about why he parents the way he does or why she shows love in the way that she does.
READ: 100 WAYS TO SERVE YOUR SPOUSE
You'll find yourself saying things like, "Now you get why I can't seem to declutter that one drawer," or "Now you know why I have literally must have a plan for everything - even which aisle I go down first at the grocery store!"
You'll better understand why he debates things and always tries to win every argument, and why she reads into every little eyebrow raise and comment and overanalyzes it.
Simply put, you'll understand each other better.
And with understanding comes love. As you understand your husband or wife better, you will also love him or her more.
So this is well worth the 12 minutes the test should take (it will probably take less time than that!).
TAKE THE TEST HERE!
A Bit About the 16 Personalities Test
This test will be pretty accurate in placing you into one of 16 personalities. We would love to see which personality married which, so comment with both of your personalities below after you take the test!
1. Architect - Imaginative and strategic thinkers, with a plan for everything.
2. Logician - Innovative inventors with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
3. Commander - Bold, imaginative and strong-willed leaders, always finding a way – or making one.
4. Debater - Smart and curious thinkers who cannot resist an intellectual challenge.
1. Advocate - Quiet and mystical, yet very inspiring and tireless idealists.
2. Mediator - Poetic, kind and altruistic people, always eager to help a good cause.
3. Protagonist - Charismatic and inspiring leaders, able to mesmerize their listeners.
4. Campaigner (April got this one!) - Enthusiastic, creative and sociable free spirits, who can always find a reason to smile.
READ: DATE NIGHT CONVERSATION STARTERS YOU HAVE TO TRY OUT!
1. Logistician - Practical and fact-minded individuals, whose reliability cannot be doubted.
2. Defender - Very dedicated and warm protectors, always ready to defend their loved ones.
3. Executive - Excellent administrators, unsurpassed at managing things – or people.
4. Consul - Extraordinarily caring, social and popular people, always eager to help.
1. Virtuoso - Bold and practical experimenters, masters of all kinds of tools.
2. Adventurer - Flexible and charming artists, always ready to explore and experience something new.
3. Entrepreneur - Smart, energetic and very perceptive people, who truly enjoy living on the edge.
4. Entertainer - Spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic people – life is never boring around them. (All of this information found here.)
You are right, a personality test isn't going to perfectly describe or explain you - no test could ever do that. And it certainly won't be perfect in depicting who you are, and who you are becoming. Because change is real, and possible.
However, a night spent taking this little test together and seeing what personality you fit into right now is going to be fun, and enlightening. And totally worth it.
So, make a "date-in" out of it and get to know your spouse better tonight by taking the 16 Personalities Test.
Don't forget to comment below with your personality type and your spouse's type!
Photo Credit: Top Picture - Ashley Swenson Photo; Bottom Picture - 16personalities.com
“Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.”
You Know You Want to Read
Everybody Loves These