Written by Aaron & April Jacob
**Read 17 Gestures that Make Women Feel Loved here**
Every man feels and receives love in different ways, so not all of these ideas are going to work for you, but at least a few of them will! Pick three this week to use to show your man how much you love him!
1. Food is the way to a man's heart. Make a list of his favorite snacks, treats, and meals - and make one of them for your husband, just because.
2. Put yourself first. Your man is going to feel loved when you take care of yourself. Make time to eat right, exercise, and look your best, so that you can feel your best. Take care of yourself emotionally, too. Love where you are at in life and be optimistic and grateful. Having a happy and healthy wife goes a long ways in helping your man feel loved.
3. Save money. Be more savvy about money, whether you are both the breadwinners, or just one of you. Be smart. Save more. And always express appreciation often to your husband for all he does to help provide for your family.
4. Don't talk bad about him. Ever. Be loyal to your man in every way.
5. Kiss him often. And run your fingers through his hair. He adores affection just as much as you do. Don't forget to give him massive hugs, too. And back rubs.
6. Pick up one of his hobbies and really get into it. I'll never forget the little elderly lady I met when we lived in San Diego. She told me, "Make your husband's hobbies your own. I fix cars and golf, and it has made for the best marriage ever." I'm not saying you can't have your own hobbies, but you can definitely show love for your hubby by showing interest in the things he loves.
7. Let him have some man time. Maybe he just needs a little time to work on the car, or play his favorite video game, or lift weights at the gym with his buddies. Whatever he needs for "alone time," let him have it. It may be wise to even plan a "day away," just for him at least once a year, and let him just have some time for renewal and rest from the daily grind.
8. Catch him doing good. Nagging doesn't work, so make sure you catch him doing good. Often. Offer compliments like, "Thanks for taking the garbage out," or "I love how thoughtful you are," or "You really are the best dad to our kids," or "Your muscles were just made to be my hero and carry in the groceries, and I appreciate your help so much!"
9. Initiate sex more - and be more playful and romantic. Show him you want him and need him as much as he wants and needs you.
10. Write him a letter. Or leave him a note, or send him a text. Your little reminders of love and appreciation go a long way in encouraging him and helping him feel loved. He needs to know you care and that you are thinking about him.
11. Plan a day that he would love - for just the two of you. Maybe you start by kidnapping him and taking him to breakfast, or by letting him sleep in, giving him a massage and breakfast in bed. Make the whole day special and he will feel loved and appreciated. Or, if you are feeling extra ambitious, plan a surprise getaway for the two of you.
12. Honor your roles. No matter your family dynamic, you and your husband both have roles in and out of the home. So honor yours, whether that means doing your half of the chores (and maybe his, just because) or taking the dog to the vet, or picking up that thing he needed for work - honor your role. We talk about this exact thing in our new marriage devotional book, which you totally want to check out here.
13. Tell him often how handsome he is. Say things like, "You always look so great when you wear that shirt," or, "Man, you are a hunk," or "My favorite thing about you is your smile." He needs to hear those things, too. He needs to know you are still super attracted to him.
14. Compliment him often in front of others. His friends and family need to know what a good husband, provider and man he is. Let them know your husband is your hero, but don't be too cheesy about it.
15. Be quick to say you are sorry. Just do it. When you can recognize that you have hurt his feelings, or said something rude, your ability to quickly ask for his forgiveness will help him feel loved and respected. Be humble and just say those two little words.
16. Surprise him with that gift/gadget he has been wanting forever. Or, if he isn't a gift kind of guy, find a way to serve him. Maybe you could clean his car and fill it with gas, or iron his shirts. Or maybe even mow the lawn. Whether you buy a gift or serve him in a non-monetary way, he will feel loved and grateful that you were thinking of him.
17. Ask for his advice, and then follow it. Guys like to fix things, and they often have wise (and realistic) insight into ways of overcoming challenges and problems. It would be wise to show your husband how much you love him by taking his advice, and then thanking him for it later. He'll really appreciate it, and be more likely to give advice only when you ask, because he'll know you care about what he thinks and will take his advice to heart.
Photo Credit: Caitlinn Mahar-Daniels
You may also enjoy 10 Ugly Things Awful Wives Do To Their Husbands and Help! My Spouse Spends Way Too Much Money!
“Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.”
You Know You Want to Read
Everybody Loves These