Written by Tawny May
Struggling to make New Years resolutions? I get it. It's hard. Last year there were so many things I wanted to do/achieve that I never got around to actually putting them into words! Like Father Abe said, "If you fail to plan, plan to fail." So let's make some goals!
Obviously every human is different with unique interests and educational/social/economical/professional goals. What ties us all together on this little website is our common interest in and gusto for nurturing marriage. It's what we're all about over here! So, we won't even tryyyyyy to give measly, uneducated suggestions for how you can make goals to boost your 401k (though Aaron does have an idea how to do that!) or improve your game (whichever one that may be, haha). Instead, we're going to give a few pointers to nurture, strengthen, and improve your marriage this year. Here goes!
Fill in the following accordingly. The examples are just that--examples--so do what you will with it! (The goal is to have it be measurable so it's clear that yes/no I did/didn't do that.)
1. This year I will be sure to kiss my spouse ___________ (like it was our first time, every morning/night, once a day, after a fight, etc).
2. I will tell my wife/husband __________ daily (I love you, how sexy he/she is, a strength he/she has, etc).
3. I will extend the benefit of the doubt by ___________(trying to see his/her side of the argument first, assuming he/she didn't mean to hurt me, trusting he/she has my best interest at heart, etc).
4. I will not talk about __________ with my spouse (unnecessary girl drama, the opposite sex, celebrity crushes, etc).
5. I will be SURE to talk about ___________ with my spouse (all expenses, things my parents say, why I'm feeling sad, etc).
6. I will initiate sexual interactions ___________ times a week, month, or year.
7. I will improve _______________ about my conflict resolution skills (my silent treatment, impatience, usage of definitive statements like "always" or "never", etc).
8. I will _______________ instead of giving the silent treatment (voice my concerns, take a moment to calm down, write my thoughts down, take a deep breath, etc).
9. I will ____________ instead of raising my voice (grip a stress ball, take a moment to calm down, write my thoughts down, take a deep breath, etc).
10. I will tell my spouse [one] thing I like about him/her every ______ (day, every week, month, etc).
11. I will serve my spouse [at least once a day] by doing something for him/her I know he/she doesn't like to do (take the trash out, change the baby's diaper, fold the laundry, wash the car, etc).
12. I will plan/take my spouse on a date __________ (once a week, once a month, once every other month, etc).
13. Instead of complaining, I will ______________ (notice something good instead, wait until I'm not as upset to propose a solution/fix, etc).
14. I will save up to buy my spouse the _______ that he/she really wants (a certain purse, a new snowboard, a kick butt vacuum, etc).
15. I will spend more quality time with my spouse instead of ____________. OR I will be sure to spend at least [45 minutes] quality time a day before I ____________ (leave to play basketball, watch Grey's Anatomy, play video games, etc).
16. Every time I'm frustrated/sad/impatient, etc with my spouse, I will think back to our dating, courtship, early marriage days, and remember how much I love him/her. :)
We are confident that as we all focus our time, energy, and efforts on bettering our marriages, we can achieve these goals that serve as a means to an end--the end of which is a happy, healthy marriage.
Happy goal setting and happy 2016!
Photo Credit: Crooze Photography
You may also enjoy 4 Reasons Women Should Initiate Sex More and 22 Fun Date Ideas
6/13/2022 01:17:14 pm
Hi, did you know there are spells to win love back from an ex. I have done it. I love reading about relationships and how to make them work, how to better the relationship, and how to keep the spark alive, even how to talk to them a certain way to get them to think a different way about the situation and you. If you need advice or want to win your ex back, try this: email@example.com copy and message on the following ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) It will change your mentality and get you what you want. Facebook page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple- 104891335203341
Leave a Reply.
The Little Things
“Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.”
You Know You Want to Read
Everybody Loves These