Get Your Flirt On!
It may have been a while since you truly flirted with your spouse. You've still got it though. It may feel and look awkward at first, but with practice you and your spouse will be pros once again, and you will feel like the flame of your love has been rekindled in a whole new way. Remember, the most important part about flirting is to have fun! Here are our five favorite tips for getting your flirt back on.
1. Touch. Touch, touch, touch! Touch his elbow, move her hair out of her eyes, smack his bum, wink at her from across the room, hold his hand, rub her leg. You get the picture. You are married people, so don't be shy! Run your fingers through his hair. Give him a quick shoulder rub and then start kissing him all over. Accidentally bump into her, and then use that bump as an excuse to hug or kiss her. Rub your finger up his forearm slowly, give him your best sultry glance, and ask him how his day was. Put your finger over her lips and just kiss her. Ah yes, you are starting to remember how much fun flirting with your spouse is...keep at it.
2. Laugh. With all that touching, you are bound to start laughing out loud. Laugh at everything he says or does. He will think you are crazy, but it will lead to a lot of fun. Tease and taunt him or her in fun ways. If you are washing dishes, put soap bubbles on his face. Put something down her shirt. Grab his phone, tell him if he wants it he has to catch you, and then run away! Have your chase lead to your bedroom, where you can fall on the bed exhausted, start a tickle fight, or just cuddle. Or suggest an arm wrestle and led it lead to a full-on flirt-fight. Don't feel embarrassed if you feel like a teenager again - all this flirting will keep you young, and it is healthy for your marriage! Water fights are always fun too...
3. Give your spouse your complete attention. Keep your eyes on him. Listen intently to everything she has to say. For a few minutes ignore the kids, the teenagers, or that text message - stare at him and bat your eyelashes. If he asks, "Do you want something?" reply dramatically, "Why yes, yes I do." Then wink. Give her your best eyebrow raise and then tell her what a babe she is. When you are out and about, look over at him and say, "I'm totally into you," and then grab his arm and squeeze it tight. Lean in close to her, practically fall into her, just so you can stare into her eyes and tell her she smells amazing. Admit it, you'd forgotten how much fun flirting is (and how silly you can sometimes be).
4. Go heavy on the compliments. Just lay it out there - smooth like butter. Slip your arms around your husband's waist as he cooks dinner and say, "Babe, you are the most amazing cook in the world, and I'm madly in love with you." When you walk past your wife stop, walk back, do a double take and simply comment, "Dang, you are gorgeous! Just had to do a double-take." Then take her by the hand and twirl her around the kitchen floor. She will love it. Use pet names for each other when you need something, and always use your manners. Usually playing coy + being a bit dramatic = the perfect formula to add the flirtatious vibe to any compliment you pay your spouse. Try it. It works.
5. Use technology. So this obviously isn't nearly as fun as flirting in person, but it is a great way to prep each other for some flirtatious fun when you are together again. So, if you are apart, send a flirty text or Facebook message to your husband. Or send her an email during the day, reminding her about something hilarious that happened - an inside joke that only the two of you share. Use technology to your advantage when you aren't together.
See, it's not all that hard to get your flirt back on. Don't let your awkwardness in being coy, flirtatious and fun hold you back. Your marriage deserves the attention and excitement that flirting will bring. You may look a little pathetic at first, but your spouse is bound to see you as delightful and attractive for trying. So, commit now to never stop flirting your with your spouse.
David's Brown Eyed Girl
4/17/2015 06:10:49 am
This is awesome! My husband and I still flirt and after 16 years of marriage he can still make me blush, giggle, and get butterflies! Thank you for the tips!
4/17/2015 12:58:44 pm
David's Brown Eyed Girl, that is awesome! We would love to hear some of your favorite flirting ideas! Isn't marriage the best?!
6/13/2022 02:55:55 pm
Hi, did you know there are spells to win love back from an ex. I have done it. I love reading about relationships and how to make them work, how to better the relationship, and how to keep the spark alive, even how to talk to them a certain way to get them to think a different way about the situation and you. If you need advice or want to win your ex back, try this: firstname.lastname@example.org copy and message on the following ( email@example.com ) It will change your mentality and get you what you want. Facebook page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple- 104891335203341
Leave a Reply.
“Love is the greatest gift when given. It is the highest honor when received.”
- Fawn Weaver
You Know You Want to Read
Everybody Loves These