Written by Aaron & April Jacob
How is it already September?
We love the fall.
Crisp air? Cooler weather? Football? Love, love, love.
Seriously, in our part of the world the weather today was as good of a fall day as you can get.
So, if you are feeling like changing up your date night ideas as the seasons change, look no further. We have some awesome fall date night ideas for you.
Here we give you 18 must-try fall date ideas (Which means ideally you may be able to fit in 4-6 of these awesome ideas before the holidays!).
Happy dating, lovers!
18 Must-Try Fall Date Ideas
1. Football season is upon us. Want a fabulous date idea? Check out the local high school, college, or NFL schedules and see if there is a local game you want to make it to. Make sure and dress up in the team colors and enjoy some stadium food while you are at it. Game face? On. Oh, and don't forget your foam fingers!
2. Bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Make a few dozen extra so you can drop off a plate or two for your neighbors (they will love you for it!).
READ: TAKE THE 5 LOVE LANGUAGES QUIZ!
3. Create two fall wreaths from start to finish. Google ideas together/buy supplies/make the wreaths, and then display them proudly on your front door (one until mid-October and the other until December). This will be fun, she said. ;)
4. Go to a corn maze. Do it. Do it. Do it. And then make a bonfire and roast s'mores.
5. Buy an amazing fall smelling candle (or wax), burn it, and then cuddle up under a blanket and watch a scary movie together. Homemade milkshakes are always a plus.
6. Go to a local farmer's market and pick up some fresh fruit and veggies. Think squash, pumpkins, and other deliciousness. Try new foods, enjoy the small town vibe, and take a few pictures together to remember your fab date.
7. Go apple picking together. How dreamy is that? Donuts and cider just seem to go along with apple picking. Sounds romantic.
8. Make a couples Halloween costume together. Seriously, how fun would this be? It would definitely bring out your creative side and spark a lot of fun memories of what you have "dressed up as" in years past. Bring out the scrapbooks, Mom, and the trunk full of old Halloween costumes. ;)
9. Visit a pumpkin patch. Pick out your own pumpkins and then try and make legit carvings or paintings on them (you may need a few supplies and some YouTube assistance). Finally, display your creations on your front porch for trick or treaters to enjoy.
10. Have a pie party. Seriously, take an afternoon and bake up a few pies together (this is the alone-time part of the date) and then invite some friends over for pie and games in the evening. Those friends are going to love you forever. Apple pie from freshly picked apples, perhaps? Yes, please!
11. Speaking of games, game nights are always a hit, no matter the season of the year. So invite some friends over for a mini fall festival. Think apple bobbing, donut eating, caramel apple dipping, corn toss, and more. Pinterest is full of great ideas.
READ: MARRIED LOVE IS WAY BETTER THAN NEW LOVE!
12. Train for and run a race together. Turkey trot anyone? Okay, so this isn't super formal, but running together in the wee hours of the morning or late at night (or side by side at the gym) is totally date night if you are intentional about it. Finally, running the actual race (if one of you doesn't speed ahead of the other) will be a date you two will always remember. There is nothing that says "bonding time, friendship, and connection," better than sweating together with the one you love. Make sure to take lots of pictures!
13. Get outdoors. It isn't too late to go fishing, golfing, kayaking, or canoeing. As the colors change, it is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the great outdoors together. Make sure and pack a picnic, too. And a jacket.
14. Fall = yummy soup. Find a way to serve others this fall by either volunteering at a local soup kitchen or whipping up some yummy soup together to bring to a friend who just had a baby, or that elderly lady down the street who would love your soup and your company. Finding ways to brighten the lives of others are always the best kind of date nights, because it's fun to fall in love with your spouse all over again as you watch him or her lift and encourage others in need.
15. Rent Segways and tour your city. You know you have always wanted to. Search Groupon for local deals, and then go tour away. Don't forget your helmet.
16. Go for a hayride. Ideally under a full moon. Steal a few kisses. Snuggle up close. And just relish the moment, and the chill of fall.
READ: HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM AN EMOTIONAL AFFAIR
17. Head to the local craft store and pick up some paint supplies and canvases. Then head outside to a local park, lay down a painters drop sheet, and paint the fall scene you see in front of you. Compare paintings, clean up, and then go grab hot sandwiches and soup together.
18. Put together a 500 piece fall-themed puzzle. Then make homemade apple cider and dance slowly to your favorite show tunes on the kitchen floor. Romantic much? Uh, yes!
These date ideas are just the beginning. Add your ideas in the comments below!
We hope a few of these ideas resonate with you and that you intentionally nurture your marriage this fall by spending time dating your amazing spouse, strengthening your friendship, and falling in love all over again.
Photo Credit top two photos - Bryan Striegler Photography
"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
- Mignon McLaughlin
You Know You Want to Read
Everybody Loves These