100 Winter Date Ideas
Written by Aaron & April Jacob
Whether you are a winter lover or a winter hater, we have news for you - winter is here. To stay (At least where we live!).
In order to protect you from the post-holiday slump or the long and cold days ahead, we have put together a list of 100 winter date night ideas that you need to try out.
So, sit down with your spouse, pick your top ten favorite ideas, and make them happen.
Cozy nights, hand holding, and flirting are bound to happen. And those are all pretty important when it comes to nurturing your marriage.
Are you ready? Dun dun dun.
100 Winter Date Ideas
1. Take your sleds to a medium-sized hill and be kids again. Sled alone and see who can go farthest, or sled together and get cozied up. Sledding is a great workout and a ton of fun.
2. Make homemade salt water taffy. Yum.
3. Build a GIANT snowman. In your front yard.
4. Make it a day-trip, grab a bagel, and go snowboarding together. If you have never been, take a snowboarding class together because trying new things together is good for your marriage. Try not to break an arm.
5. Attend a local festival and try a new food.
6. Go go-kart racing - winner picks dessert.
7. Go swimming. Indoors obviously.
8. Visit an indoor botanical garden.
9. Make home-made lip balm. Guys can wear lip balm. Just call it chapstick.
10. Decorate gingerbread houses together. Or, go from start to finish for the whole date night. Start at the grocery store and buy everything you need to make gingerbread houses. Then make them, decorate them, eat them, and call it the best date ever.
11. Dress up fancy, eat at a nice restaurant, and attend the symphony. Claaassssy.
12. Go out for breakfast.
13. Attend a high-school basketball game. Pretzel's anyone?
14. Make soup and homemade bread. Take the extra loaf of bread to the neighbors.
15. Go on a horse-drawn carriage ride. Romantic.
16. Play indoor mini-golf. Kiss at every hole.
17. Shovel snow together (sneak around and shovel your neighbor's driveways, too!).
18. Take a ceramics class. Make something for each other.
19. Go caroling with friends to random houses. People won't think you are creepy if you bring cookies. Spread that Christmas cheer.
20. Give each other massages. Oh, yes.
21. Kidnap your spouse and take them out for ice cream. Winter is a great time to eat ice cream.
22. Learn to paint. Take a class, or watch a YouTube clip, and paint a canvas together.
23. Make snow-globes or homemade ornaments. Get creative. Pinterest is your best friend.
24. Get up early, stay in your pj's, drive to an overlook, bring hot chocolate, and watch the sunrise while listening to your favorite jams with your favorite person.
25. Go to the library or bookstore and read each other your favorite picture books. Reminisce together about your care-free childhoods.
26. Take an indoor archery class.
27. Go ice skating. Hold hands. Hold hands. Hold hands. And steal a kiss or two.
28. Watch dance movies on YouTube and learn a dance together. Even if you feel silly. Flirting, people. Flirting.
29. Attend the theater. Choose between a comedy, a musical, or a murder mystery. Enjoy the entertainment while sitting next to the love of your life.
30. Make homemade wassail, sit by the fire, and ask each other these 36 questions.
31. Go snowshoeing.
32. Travel to a new country (via the internet and the grocery store!). Watch a YouTube clip, learn a few phrases in a new language, and make a food from that country.
33. Go bowling. Competition is on. Oh, and take pictures with your sweeeet shoes.
34. Make homemade pizzas together. Heart-shaped never killed anyone. So cheesy (See what we did there?).
35. Go to an indoor-trampoline place. Don't break your ankle.
36. Make a home-made spa. Facials and mani/pedi's for days.
37. Decorate journals/notebooks for each other with magazine pictures/letters. Bring back the junior-high memories.
38. Play racquetball together. Sweating together is good for your heart. And for your marriage.
39. Learn to knit. Yes, you have to sit close and help each other which means you will be touching hands, laughing, and having a blast.
40. Have a Christmas-movie marathon. While you knit a Christmas scarf.
41. Make milkshakes. Homemade milkshakes. Pinterest has tons of yummy-looking ideas.
42. Design and order matching T-shirts online (or go old-school and make tie-dye).
43. Make snow angels. Then make snow ice cream.
44. Be a kid again - play with your kid's Lego's, games, crafts, etc.
45. Rent a cabin for the night and go on a quick getaway.
46. Go to your local college and watch free senior recitals. Then afterward, make sure to go tell the performers how amazing they were.
47. Go hat shopping.
48. Make a lip-sync cover of a popular song and film it on your phones. That will be a treasure for your kids in thirty years. Or blackmail. :)
49. Shop for crazy socks and slippers.
50. Do a work-out video together. Then make smoothies.
51. Shop for new pajamas. Share a dressing room and try on all the funky ones you would never buy.
52. Go laser-tagging or paint-balling.
53. Cuddle up and color together. Put on some soft music, grab your favorite snack, and color the night away.
54. Go hiking (Depending on where you live, dress appropriately and don't freeze!).
55. Make cinnamon rolls.
56. Have an indoor picnic.
57. Plan a pretend getaway. Sit together and spend time searching online for where you want to go, where you want to stay, and your daily itinerary. Then put it on your bucket list and make it happen someday.
58. Take a dance lesson together.
59. Make homemade pasta and bread sticks.
60. Make blessing bags to give to the homeless.
61. Attend the opera.
62. Go play at an arcade together.
63. Build a fort.
64. Decorate cookies.
65. Volunteer at a food bank or soup kitchen.
66. Tour model-homes.
67. Visit an assisted-living center and play card games with the elderly people who live there. They are pretty competitive, so get your game face on.
68. Set up a cozy candle-lit dinner and have a homemade fondue night.
69. Play board games together.
70. Have a brownie-baking competition. This means you both need to cook two completely different recipes. More brownies for everyone.
71. Make special occasion plates.
72. Have a soap carving competition.
73. Take a yoga class together.
74. Create a dream board together (think New Year's resolutions).
75. Hang up Christmas lights inside and slow dance to your favorite Christmas love songs together.
76. Build a snow fort.
77. Make homemade fudge.
78. Cuddle up and read a book together. (If the movie is available, make watching it another date night soon!)
79. Put together a 500-piece puzzle.
80. Rent snowmobiles and go have an adventure.
81. Make fleece blankets for children in need.
82. Have a snowball fight.
83. Cross-stitch something for each other.
84. Have a popcorn and pajama party. Make caramel popcorn, cheese popcorn, butter popcorn, and chocolate-covered popcorn, all while wearing your comfy pj's. Invite some friends over to eat all that popcorn and play games.
85. Find treasures at the thrift shop - spend less than $5 on something "meaningful" for each other.
86. Go cross-country skiing. Such a good workout.
87. Learn to make paper snowflakes - awesome ones.
88. Go on a winter scavenger hunt.
89. Take a cooking class together.
90. Decorate pillowcases.
91. Make candy together.
92. Go to a hockey game together.
93. Skype or visit with your parents and interview them about their lives - write down the stories as keepsakes.
94. Go to an escape room.
95. Take a bubble-bath together.
96. Make a winter wreath. Guys love crafting. Really though, spend time crafting with your wife and your date night is going to lead to good things.
97. Have a bake-a-thon and bake all of your favorite goodies to anonymously doorbell-ditch on people's doorsteps.
98. Tour an art museum.
99. Cuddle up and roast s'mores over a bonfire.
100. Take kissing selfies in the snow. Take them to a local Walgreens and print them out. Buy some frames at the dollar store. And commit to keeping them in your living room, or on your office desk, until winter is over.
There you have it, 100 awesome winter date ideas.
We want to hear about your dates - so comment below and tell us what you did!
Every single person who has read this post:
2/4/2017 04:14:35 pm
Just to inform you, your husband is incredibly gay
7/3/2021 04:42:36 pm
Thank you Dr Jumba for your genuine spells. This is really incredible, and I have never experienced anything like this in my life. Before I came in contact with Dr Jumba, I have tried every possible means that I could to get my husband back, but I actually came to realize that nothing was working out for me, and my husband had developed a lot of hatred for me.. I thought there was no hope of reuniting with my husband until my friend told me about dr jumba and she gave me dr jumba website i googled it and read good reviews about Dr Jumba work , I decided to give it a try and I did everything that he instructed me and I trusted in him and followed his instructions just as he had guaranteed me in 24 hours, and that was exactly when my husband called me and ask for forgiveness that he his on his way to my house .. We are good more than ever. Everything looks perfect and so natural! Thank you so much for your authentic and indisputable spells. Thank you Dr Jumba for your help. If you need help in your marriage or broken relationship, contact Dr Jumba right now for urgent help Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com View his websitehttps://drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com/ Call/WhatsApp him: +19085174108
6/13/2022 02:03:17 pm
Hi, did you know there are spells to win love back from an ex. I have done it. I love reading about relationships and how to make them work, how to better the relationship, and how to keep the spark alive, even how to talk to them a certain way to get them to think a different way about the situation and you. If you need advice or want to win your ex back, try this: firstname.lastname@example.org copy and message on the following ( email@example.com ) It will change your mentality and get you what you want. Facebook page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple- 104891335203341
Leave a Reply.
"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
- Mignon McLaughlin
You Know You Want to Read
Everybody Loves These