Summer is just about here and rain or shine, we have put together an awesome list of date night ideas for you try! Pick a few that you absolutely HAVE to try this summer, and go start nurturing your marriage! Leave your favorite summer date night ideas in the comments below!
100 Summer Date Ideas You Will LOVE!
1. Make root beer floats and tie-dye shirts together.
2. Buy a hammock and take a nap together in it.
3. Go fishing. Try to catch something.
4. Make your own slip n' slide. Flirt and have fun.
5. Attend a food-truck frenzy and share everything so you can try something from a few different food trucks.
6. Do a 500-piece puzzle together. Have hard candies close by and see who can make their piece of candy last the longest while you do your puzzle.
7. Go four-wheeling. Pack your favorite lunch so you can picnic at a scenic spot.
8. Have a picnic at the park. Or on top of a building. Or on your front porch. Or anywhere cool.
9. Learn to play the ukelele together. Make a music video of the two of you performing.
10. Shoot hoops together. Make up your own games. Get your sweat on.
11. Go zip-lining. Enough said.
READ: TAKE THE 5 LOVE LANGUAGES QUIZ
12. Visit an observatory and/or attend a class from your local astronomical society.
13. Set up blankets and pillows at a park or beach and read a book together.
14. Go to a drive-in movie. Don't forget the popcorn.
15. Go for a run to your favorite ice cream place. Do sprints along the way. Eat your ice cream. Then walk home holding hands.
16. Make a photo-book online together. Google coupon codes to find sweet deals.
17. Play tennis together at a park.
18. Dress up and attend a play at a local theater.
19. Find a tree to climb together, and then share stories from your childhood.
20. Learn to swing dance together.
21. Buy some clay at a local craft store and make mini-sculptures to bake and paint.
22. Attend a music or food festival in your area.
23. Make big sugar cookies together and frost them with pink frosting and sprinkles. Yum.
24. Dance in the rain. Or in an empty parking lot. Or on top of a hill at dusk.
25. Pick strawberries. Eat them with homemade whipped cream.
26. Make homemade pizzas together.
27. Try indoor skydiving.
28. Learn to carve something out of wood (or soap).
29. Repurpose a piece of furniture. (This could be multiple dates.)
30. Go swimming at dusk.
31. Go paint-balling.
32. Run a race together. A 5k would be a good start. A bubble run or mud run would be especially fun.
33. Attend a rodeo.
34. Have an origami building contest together.
35. Go rock-climbing.
36. Make marshmallow shooters and play at the park.
37. Create a service-scavenger hunt to do together.
38. Go to an archery range together.
39. Make fondue together.
40. Volunteer at a local soup kitchen. (Find local ideas at JustServe.org or UnitedWay.org)
41. Collect a few boxes and then paint and tape them together to make a fort. Watch a movie in your cool new fort.
42. Attend a concert. Ideally surprise your spouse and take him or her to hear their favorite artist.
43. Go to the library and read your favorite children's books to each other.
44. Attend a craft class together and make something for your home.
45. Play board games on a blanket in the backyard.
46. Make homemade salsa together. Eat it with chips.
47. Have a water-balloon fight.
48. Visit a nursing home together and visit with the senior citizens there, or help paint their nails or play card games with them.
READ: 36 QUESTIONS THAT WILL HELP YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR SPOUSE AGAIN
49. Bury each other in the sand.
50. Go horse-back riding.
51. Build a model plane or car together.
52. Play glow-in-the-dark mini-golf.
53. Go for a sunrise ride in a hot-air balloon.
54. Take a cooking class together.
55. Go kayaking.
56. Make homemade bread together. Take some to a friend who could use some cheering up.
57. Tour model homes together. Point out all of your favorite things.
58. Go to a park on a Saturday morning, pack a picnic, and cheer on the little tykes playing T-ball.
59. Spend a night in another country - all while staying at home. Make food from that country, rent a movie that is based in that country, learn a few phrases in that language, etc.
60. Make home-made ice cream together. Try different toppings. Yum.
61. Go to a park and play kissing tag, or just take turns pushing each other on the swings.
62. Tour a chocolate or candy factory.
63. Visit a historical site nearby.
64. Try a new restaurant and share an entree and then go to a different restaurant and share a dessert.
65. Go summer shoe shopping together.
66. Hike to a waterfall.
67. Make tin-foil dinners and roast s-mores - all indoors.
68. Attend the symphony.
69. Paint portraits of each other. With finger-paints or watercolors.
70. Take a morning sunrise hike. Pack fruit and berry parfaits.
READ: 17 GESTURES THAT MAKE MEN FEEL LOVED
71. Test drive your dream cars.
72. See a Broadway show in your area.
73. Rent jet-skis and go enjoy a lake close by.
74. Go golfing (or at least to the driving range).
75. Eat brunch in the next town over.
76. Play laser-tag.
77. Buy a kid's science or craft kit and do it together.
78. Roast hot dogs and s'mores over an outdoor fire.
79. Go on a canoe-cruise. Or at least call it a canoe-cruise. It makes it sound more romantic.
80. Ride a ferris-wheel (make sure to kiss at the top) and play at the amusement park together.
81. Rent Segways and tour your city.
82. Give each other $10 and go garage-sale hunting for something specific together.
83. Visit a local museum.
84. Watch You-Tube videos and learn a new skill together.
85. Write new lyrics to your favorite songs together. Make a music video.
86. Rent bikes (or a tandem bike!) and ride to your favorite snow cone shop.
87. Attend a monster-truck rally.
88. Make milkshakes and watch a movie on the front lawn together.
89. Pull out your old journals and read them to each other.
90. Buy old rollerblades at a thrift shop together, and then rollerblade around the block. Hold hands and try not to die.
91. Play croquet in the backyard.
92. Make homeless kits and keep them in your cars to give to people.
93. Go paddle-boarding.
94. Visit a botanical garden in your area.
95. Buy fireworks and light them together. Take awesome pictures with sparklers.
96. Find a local ropes course and have an adventure together.
97. Watch the sunset and then stargaze together.
98. Try and get out of an escape room (You have one in your area - just Google it!).
99. Spend time perusing a local greenhouse, then buy something to take home and plant.
100. Make fleece blankets to donate to a local hospital while you listen to your favorite summer tunes.
"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
- Mignon McLaughlin
You Know You Want to Read
Everybody Loves These