Written by Aaron & April Jacob
This post does contain affiliate links, but just for Groupon, and because we think Groupon is awesome for date nights. Admit it.
FYI, being an affiliate means we make a teensy bit of change if you decide to buy something from Groupon. No pressure. We just like sharing our favs.
Valentine's Day is coming up, friends.
Time to be intentional about planning a little something to celebrate. It doesn't have to be huge, but a simple date-in or date-out goes pretty far towards making deposits into that marriage bank account of yours.
We've come up with a list of 10 totally practical, simple, and fairly inexpensive date night ideas for you to enjoy with the one you love. (You don't want to be that one couple that doesn't do anything for Valentine's Day, do you?)
1. Make and decorate heart-shaped sugar cookies together. Cuddle and watch a movie while the dough chills, because we all know it takes forever for the dough to chill.
2. Take a dance lesson together. No eye rolls, please. Seriously, find a deal on Groupon and make it happen. You will probably be flirting and laughing the whole time.
3. Do a 500-piece puzzle together. Like, do the whole thing in one night! Is it possible? Make sure to have your favorite snacks on hand, because it might be a long night!
READ: SIMPLE AND REALISTIC PINTEREST VALENTINE'S DAY IDEAS THAT WON'T BREAK THE BANK.
4. Surprise your spouse with a candlelit dinner. Romantic much? Yes, please. We like to call ours the "Cozy Corner Cafe," but if we're being honest here... it's been awhile since we've done this, so maybe it's time to type up a new menu and make it happen.
5. Go to an escape room. With friends. This is a must if you want to have the best date of your life. Adventure, mystery, and romance all tied into one fun date night. Once again, Groupon will be your best friend.
6. Spend a night in another country - all while staying at home. Make food from that country, rent a movie that is based in that country, learn a few phrases (like "I love you,") in that language, etc.
7. Plan a day trip and go skiing together. If you have never been, go to ski school together because trying new things together is good for your marriage. Try not to break an arm.
8. Watch the sunrise, from the comfort of your car. Get up early, stay in your PJ's, drive to an overlook, bring hot chocolate, and watch the sunrise while listening to your favorite songs with your favorite person.
READ: 3 REASONS MARRIED COUPLES SHOULDN'T IGNORE VALENTINE'S DAY
9. Make fondue together. Better yet, grab some friends and have a full-on party. Play board games and go back for seconds.
10. Dress up for dessert downtown. Wherever downtown is for you, dress up, go downtown, pick a fancy place to eat, and just order dessert to share. Super simple. Super fun.
We want to hear what you do for Valentine's Day, so comment below!
Photo Credit: Ashley Swenson Photo
"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
- Mignon McLaughlin
You Know You Want to Read
Everybody Loves These