Written by Aaron & April Jacob
Fireflies, beach trips, bonfires and more. Summer is here and we hope you are enjoying it!
Summer offers you the perfect opportunity for some romantic, relaxing, novel, new, and amazingly fun date night ideas for you and your spouse.
Drum up the romance with one of these 50 Must-Try Summer Date Ideas!
Oh, and don't forget to use Groupon to score some sweet deals for food + entertainment + adventure in your area.
**This post includes affiliate links**
50 Must-Try Summer Date Ideas
1. Visit an observatory and/or attend a class from your local astronomical society.
2. Rent inner-tubes and go float down a river.
3. Go roller-skating together.
4. Buy Bunch O Balloons and have a water balloon toss/fight with each other.
5. Set up blankets and pillows at a park or beach and read a book together.
6. Go to a drive-in movie. Don't forget the popcorn.
7. Make a photo-book online together. Google coupon codes to find sweet deals.
8. Play tennis together at a park.
9. Attend a play at a local theater.
10. Sit out under a tree, design your dream treehouse, and then share childhood memories with each other. Popsicles may be nice, too.
11. Learn to swing dance.
12. Buy some clay and make mini-sculptures to bake and paint.
13. Attend a music festival in your area.
14. Go to the driving range.
15. Dance in the rain. Or in an empty parking lot. Or on top of a hill at dusk.
16. Pick strawberries. Eat them with homemade whipped cream.
17. Make homemade pizzas together.
18. Purchase these DIY paint-by-number kits (make sure and get 2) and paint the night away.
19. Learn to carve something out of wood (or soap).
20. Repurpose a piece of furniture. (This could be multiple dates.)
21. Go swimming at dusk.
22. Plan a hike to an overlook or a waterfall.
23. Make a real sand-castle, bury each other in the sand, and collect seashells.
24. Go horse-back riding.
25. Build a model plane or car together.
READ: IS GAMING RUINING YOUR MARRIAGE?
26. Play glow-in-the-dark mini-golf.
27. Go to a trampoline park.
28. Take a cooking class together.
29. Go kayaking.
30. Tour model homes together. Point out all of your favorite things.
31. Go to a park on a Saturday morning, pack a picnic, and cheer on the little tykes playing T-ball or soccer.
32. Spend a night in another country - all while staying at home. Make food from that country, rent a movie that is based in that country, learn a few phrases in that language, etc.
33. Make home-made ice cream together. Try different toppings. Yum.
34. Go on a local dinner cruise.
35. Go to a park and take turns pushing each other on the swings.
36. Tour a chocolate or candy factory.
37. Visit a historical site nearby.
38. Try a new restaurant and share an entree and then go to a different restaurant and share a dessert.
39. Go to a thrift store and peruse all the old home-goods and see if you can score any deals. Perhaps pick up an old croquet or horse-shoe set and then go home and play.
40. Sit on the back patio and put a puzzle together.
41. Make tin-foil dinners and roast s-mores - all indoors.
42. Try your hand at woodburning.
43. Draw chalk portraits of each other and then take pictures with your portrait.
44. Take a morning sunrise hike. Pack fruit and berry parfaits.
45. Buy these fun coloring books and color together while your favorite music plays in the background.
46. Invite some friends over for board games and snacks.
47. Try indoor skydiving.
READ: WHEN YOU WANT TO RUN AND LEAVE, DO THIS INSTEAD
48. Attend the symphony.
49. Set up a hammock for two and then relax in it while you watch your favorite movie.
50. Go for a run to your favorite ice cream place. Do sprints along the way. Eat your ice cream. Then walk home holding hands.
Share your ideas for the perfect summer date in the comments below!
**Nurturingmarriage.org is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Photo Credit: Bryan Striegler Photography
You may also enjoy 4 Ways to Use Groupon to Improve Your Marriage and One Simple Tool to Help You Communicate with Your Spouse
"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
- Mignon McLaughlin
You Know You Want to Read
Everybody Loves These